Monday, May 11, 2009

Put my desktop back the way it was (Icon restorer)

This little utility (called DeskSave) is priceless (and free) because it does what I often need it to do: it puts my icons back where I want them to be. It also restores my screen's resolution settings.

Why would you need this? If you have pesky folks or software that like to move your icons around where you don't want them. Of if you use your computer (especially a laptop) with, say, a projector or an external monitor, this can cause your screen resolution to get changed which frequently scrambles your icons around too.

Here's how it works. You run it once to save your screen layout. If your screen layout gets scrambled, you run it again and restore what you saved the first time. You can save multiple layouts in separate files.

No comments: